Living a Life that Bears Fruit

I have found over the years that is is easy to stay busy in the ministry. There is always something to do, and I never get it all done. It is always a matter of setting priorities, and doing the most important things first. The challenging thing is to decide what is the most important thing. There are so many important things.

However, I am seeing something more and more the older I get. Some things I do bear spiritual fruit and others do not. That is not to say that the things that do not bear fruit are not important, but it is to say that I must be conscious of the need for fruit that remains. Fruit comes from God working in a person's life, so that the result is something supernatural. It is something that will last because God did it. That is what I want to see more of in my life and in the lives of those around me.

The main fruit bearing is seeing people come to know Christ as Lord and Savior. Once that happens they are never the same. They have real life. That life comes from God, not me. It is a miracle. Oh, that I could see that fruit produced every day. The other fruit is the fruit of the Spirit in a person's life. That brings abundant life which lasts through the trials. What a blessing to have peace, joy, and love filling us all of the time.

Therefore, my constant prayer is for God to bear fruit in me and to use me to bear fruit for Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 1-3 and John 10:1-23.

Popular Posts