Count It All Joy!

Well, this evening I did a pretty good job of slicing my toe open in a freak accident at my house. I tried to tell myself that it wasn't that bad, but when it wouldn't stop bleeding, I went to the urgent care, and the doctor put 4 stitches in it. I think it is safe to say that it is going to hurt pretty badly tomorrow.

All of this comes as we are trying to get everything ready for Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly to get here next Wednesday. My list is pretty long, but now I will have to let some of it slide. It could have made me angry. It could have made me ask "why." However, I am glad to say that I learned a long time ago that God is in control, and He can work it out for His good and for my good.

I am not saying that He caused my accident. I caused it by not being as careful as I should have been. It was simply an accident. The great thing is that God can take an accident and teach me some more patience. (James 1:2-4) Then, patience can lead me to maturity in my faith, so that I am complete. Now, I would not ever wish for a sore toe, but I have prayed for spiritual growth every day for a long time. Therefore, it would be wrong for me to be angry about this. I can count it all joy, because I know the pain will help me, if I listen to the Lord and let Him teach me through this. That is exactly what I want to do.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 10-12 and John 11:30-57.

Popular Posts