What Would They Say?

When I learned to witness to people about Jesus, I was taught two diagnostic questions, which I believe are very valuable to get people to think about reality. If you were to die today, do you know for sure you would go to Heaven? How would you answer that one? Then, the follow up is, "If you did die today, and you stood before the Lord, and He asked you, "Why should I let you into Heaven?", what would you say?" That is a good question, isn't it? I think it would do anyone good to consider these two questions. It shows you what you are basing your eternity on.

I want to add one more question tonight. If you died today, and they had your funeral service in a few days, "What would they say about you?" Would they talk about your faith and convictions? Would they be able to speak of your life reflecting Jesus? I do not think we should live in such a way that people would have nice things to say about us at our funeral. However, I believe it is a question that shows what our lives are based upon. I think it is well worth our time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 27-29 and Luke 13:1-22.

Popular Posts