Meeting the President

When I was at Baylor, I shook hands with President Gerald Ford. I was walking to class, and I saw a crowd of people around Waco Hall. That caused me to remember that the president was coming to campus for a speech that day. I walked over to the crowd hoping to get a glimpse of President Ford. All of a sudden his limo pulled up to the corner and let him out. He came down the line shaking hands, and I was able to reach out and shake his hand as he passed by. It was exciting to think that I had been able to get that close to the President of the United States.

Today, as I was witnessing to a lady, I told her that story. Her eyes lit up when I told her I had shaken the hand of President Gerald Ford. Then, I told her I would not forget that meeting. I proceeded to tell her that if she met the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of the universe, she would not forget that meeting. I explained that He wanted a relationship with her, and if she had that relationship, it would make a great difference in her life, because she would be secure in Christ. I pray that my explanation of the gospel to her was clear enough so she will definitely come to know Him soon. It is always a great thrill to be able to share Christ with another person, because He has done so much for me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 1-2 and Luke 14:1-24.

Popular Posts