Why Wouldn't Everyone Love Him?

I guess I know the answer to my question, but I am still baffled. Since God is love, and He loves us with a perfect love, why wouldn't everyone love Him back? Yes, there are some people who don't know Him. They only know what they have been told, and that is false. There are some who assume that He is harsh. I think some people judge Him by what they know about Christians, and that throws them off.

However, I know the Holy Spirit is revealing the Father and the Son to everyone. Why do they not listen to what He is showing them? It is pride. It is stubbornness. It is even independence. All of these things cause people to miss out on the greatest love in the universe.

I love what one lady told me this week. She said once she came to know Jesus, she was not dependent on the love of a man any more. She had found the greatest love. His love is so satisfying! I know that loving others with a godly love is wonderful, too, but nothing comes close to having a love relationship with Him. I pray that more people will decide to love Him with all of their hearts. (Joshua 23:11)

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 1-3 and Luke 4:1-30.

Popular Posts