A Dramatic Turnaround

This morning I went to see the man for whom I have asked you all to pray. His physical condition was worse, as far as I could tell. His abdomen was distended with fluid, and his legs were filling up with fluid quickly, too. I felt that it was my best time to share the Lord with him, so I did. I told him that it was not about religion, but I urged him to realize that he needed a relationship with the Lord Jesus. Then, I went so far as to say that he needed to be prepared if this condition led him to slip into eternity. He had a nervous laugh, but he denied that this was going to kill him. I left feeling that I had done what God wanted me to do, and I was ready to return at any time, when he came to grips with his mortality. I asked the family to call me and let me know if he got worse, so I could come back to the hospital.

Then, this evening I received a call from his mother. She said that the doctors had determined that he had a staph infection, so they changed his medications, and he had improved greatly. The nurse even said that he may be discharged, if he continued to improve. What a dramatic turnaround! I am so happy to hear of this change, but I pray that he will come to know Christ through all of this. That is the most important turnaround that is needed. Please, help me to continue to pray for him and his family, as we all see what will happen in the next day or so.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 4-6 and Luke 4:31-44.

Popular Posts