God's Covenant with Israel

I am sure that some people will think I am crazy, but I believe the Bible is God's Word, so I must put stock in what it says. I am not a prophet, nor would I ever claim to be able to see into the future. However, I can read the Bible, and I can see what is happening in our world. Therefore, there are some conclusions that I can be draw from these things.

This morning one of the things we discussed at our 5 AM Bible study in Luke 1 was God's eternal covenant with Israel. Mary mentions it in Luke 1:54-55. She referred to God speaking to Abraham and his seed forever. That is a long time. When we turn back to the beginning of Genesis 12 and read the covenant or contract God made with Abraham, we see that there is no expiration date. He promised to bless those who bless Israel and to curse those who curse Israel. I believe that promise is still in effect. I believe it is in our best interest as a country to support Israel in their quest for self preservation. If we do, God will bless us.

However, in the news I read that Iran's nuclear reactor will be operational this fall. The leader of Iran has sworn to destroy Israel and all of the Jews. What could happen is that Israel will destroy this reactor, before Iran can produce a nuclear bomb intended to be launched against them. Then, what will the USA decide to do? Will our government support Israel in that decision or will our government condemn them or curse them? I believe if we condemn them, it will cause the Lord to stand against us. He is one enemy we can't afford to have.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 16-18 and Luke 2:1-24.

Popular Posts