Praying for Non-Christians

I can't imagine what it is like to be a non-Christian. I have been saved for so long that my memories of my pre-Christian life are almost non-existent. Even before I came to know Christ at age 14, I was in church and I believed that Jesus was the Lord. I just did not come to the place where I could surrender to Him as Lord of my life for several years. Therefore, I don't have a good idea of how non-Christian people feel about things today.

I can imagine the things they have been subjected to on the internet and on TV. I have a little idea about their bondage to sin, since all of us feel the effects of sin's power in our lives. However, I have been free from being a slave to sin for so many years that I do not understand the strength of that bondage any more. It makes my heart break to think of what so many people are experiencing when they do not know Christ as Lord and Savior.

However, this makes me realize how important it is to pray for people who do not know Him. Prayer is the one thing that can allow the Holy Spirit to break through the tough outer layer of the heart that is hardened to the Lord and to shine in the light of the Gospel. We must pray for non-Christians fervently and consistently. How often do you pray for non-Christian people? How many are you consistently lifting up to the Lord? Are you ready to share with them, when God gives you an opening and shows you they are ready to listen? I would encourage all of us to be diligent in praying for the many people for whom Jesus died who do not know His love yet.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 14-16 and Mark 12:28-44.

Popular Posts