Remembering a Special Birthday

I am sure that some of you already know this, but Chris and I met on her birthday. As we were celebrating her birthday today, I had to think about the first time we met and how God brought us together. Besides knowing Christ as my Lord, Chris is my greatest blessing in life.

We actually met at her surprise birthday party. I was not invited, but I was driving for my best friend and his girlfriend, since he had his car keys taken away for a prank he played on a teacher. His girlfriend was Chris' best friend, so she was invited to the party. When we drove up, they invited me in, and the rest is history. God fulfilled my prayer request. A few weeks earlier I had prayed for Him to show me the girl I should date without me having to ask her out myself. On that evening Jim and his girlfriend wanted to go somewhere else after the party, so Melanie asked Chris to go with me, and her parents said she could. Isn't God so good! We had a great time, and it was not long before we knew that God had definitely brought us together.

Over the years I have thanked God many times for me being Chris's birthday present. I pray that I can be as much of a blessing to her as she has been for me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Malachi and Revelation 22.

Popular Posts