Preparing for 2009

There are several things I do at the end of the year to prepare for the next year. It is my way of being a good steward of my time and seeking to grow in the Lord each year. It has been a great help to me since I began many years ago.

First, I buy a new Bible for reading through the Bible in the New Year. That way the old markings don't distract me, and God is able to speak to me in a fresh way each time I read a passage. I don't get an expensive one, but I like a wide margin Bible, so there is more room to write. This year I found a wide margin New American Standard Bible. I think it will be wonderful. I have not used the NASB for my Bible reading in a few years.

Then, I get a new Prayer Notebook/Journal. I use a 5 section spiral notebook, so that I can keep things in order with my prayer lists, and my Bible study, and my devotional journal. I buy the ones with the pockets, too, so I can put copies of helpful things in there. It is a "blessing Catcher." I can keep track of my answered prayers, and my insights from the Lord.

Finally, I have to make sure I have a Bible reading plan, and any other devotional books. This year I am getting some commentaries on Luke for our men's study, and I will use the Experiencing God Day by Day again. In this way when January 1, 2009 arrives, I will be ready for my "unhurried time." I will have everything at my special place, so I can focus on the Lord and not on other things. I hope you will make those types of preparations, so you can have a wonderful 2009.

Tomorrow, I Intend to read Zechariah 9-12 and Revelation 20.

Popular Posts