Watching the Garage Door Close

I know that there have been several lessons that I have learned in 2008. I have become aware of some mistakes that I have made, and I never want to make those mistakes again. I have learned some new ways to do things, too, and I want to make sure and continue to practice those things. What about you? Have you learned any lessons this past year? What will you do to make sure you apply what you have learned.

One of the things that God has shown me is that I need to "sow the gospel more." I need to form more relationships and make contact with more non-Christian people, so that I can have the opportunity to share the truth with them. I have already taken steps to act on that lesson by printing up some improved business cards, and I am considering some other ways to enhance this, too. God has already brought some results from this lesson.

About two and a half years ago we had a terrible accident at our house. Our cat's head was caught under the garage door for 5 hours. Miraculously, she lived, and she has no ill effects from the accident. However, it changed our lives in one aspect. We never leave the house without watching the garage door close all the way, so we can make sure no pets get caught in the door again. Now that might seem trivial to some of you, but I share it to make a point. When we learn a lesson, we need to change our lives to take advantage of what we have learned. That is a good thing to think about as we close out another year.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Zechariah 13-14 and Revelation 21.

Popular Posts