Fridays

Most of the time I take Friday as my day off. It is kind of strange to call Sunday a work day, but for me it is a time of concentration and effort if not physical work. When I was a young preacher, I thought it was terrible when I heard a pastor talk about taking a day off during the week. I thought he must not be very spiritual if he would want to do that. Then, I learned about getting burned out. I found out how important it was to take some time each week to get away from the routines of ministry and rest. That is what I try to do on Fridays. Sometimes it works that way, and sometimes it doesn't.

For many years I played golf on Fridays to relax. However, in the last several years I have found that I don't want to be away from Chris and the family that long. I would rather be with Chris than anything else, so most of the time we do something together on Fridays. I don't know about you, but I realize that my relationship with God is the main thing, and next to that is my relationship with Chris. God is my life, and Chris completes me as a person, so she is so important to me. The longer I live the more I am thankful that God gave her to me, because He knew I needed her. I know I need her, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 24-26 and Titus 2.

Popular Posts