Family Time is Wonderful

Family is a blessing from God. He knew that He designed people to live in relationship with Him and with other people, so He instituted the family first before any other institution of society. Family helps to meet some of our deepest needs for love and companionship. Outside of our relationship with God our family ties are the most important.

That is why today was a great day for Chris and I. We had a house full of family and even more via the computer. John and Gao Foua came down to see us, as well as to see her brother graduate from college at Toccoa Falls. Dixie was able to be with us, since she was not working today. My Dad and Mom came down for supper. Chris's Mom was already here, too. Then, Lori, Jeff, and Kade called us on the Skype web cam, and we had a great visit together with everyone. It is wonderful to spend that blessed time with family.

I thank God for giving me Chris and our children. I could not ask for a better wife, and I am proud of all of my children. My parents are a great blessing to me and my family as is Chris's Mom. It is a family unit that loves each other and tries to help each other. What a blessing! I thank God for His design of the family, and I praise Him for His wisdom in that design. I pray that we will again understand the real meaning of family in America, and we will listen to what God said a family should be, so that we all can receive the blessing that I have received in my life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 4-6 and John 6:1-21.

Popular Posts