One Satan has to Fight

I have been starting to read a book that my son John gave me for Christmas. It has been so hectic lately I have not been able to read very much. It looks like this book is going to be very good. I ran across two quotes that touched my heart, so I want to share them with you.

The first quote comes from Robert Logan and Tom Clegg's book, Releasing Your Church's Potential. One of the authors says, "I believe that the enemy divides all people into two categories: those he can ignore and those he has to fight. I want to be one of those he has to fight." Isn't that a great reality? There are some people Satan does not have to oppose. They are even helping him in his work. Others he must oppose, because they are operating in God's power which threatens anything he would do in this world. I truly want to be one of those, even though it means a lot of trouble. Jesus will more than make up for any trouble I have from Satan.

The other quote is from a World War II bomber pilot who said, "If you are taking flak, you're over the target." I am afraid some people are so far from the target, they do not get any flak from the Devil. I am glad I have been experiencing some flak, and I am glad our church has been experiencing some flak, because it shows that we are on target. We must stay on target and resist the Devil. Then, he will flee from us.

Let's take an honest look at our lives and see if Satan is fighting us and if we are getting any flak. If not, let's ask the Lord, what we are not doing that we should be doing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 4-6 and Luke 9:1-17.

Popular Posts