Dining with Jesus

This morning I had the privilege of speaking to our North Henry Academy students for chapel, as I do most Thursdays. Today, I explained one of my favorite verses, Revelation 3:20. Most of the time, we hear this verse used as an invitation to accept Christ as Savior and Lord. I told them about that, but I do not think that is the main meaning. I pointed out that Jesus was addressing the members of the church at Laodicea. He was encouraging them to open the door to Him, so He could dine with them in close personal fellowship. They had been rejecting fellowship with Him, so they were far from Him. Now, He was giving them a choice. "Anyone" who would open the door would enjoy dining with Jesus.

The same is true today. I asked the students to spend some time hanging out with Jesus. He wants us to do that every day, even several times a day. Like eating with a friend and conversing about personal things. Jesus is concerned about each of us, and He wants to bring comfort and direction in a personal way, if we will let Him come to us. When was the last time you chose to hang out with Jesus and dine with Him. You cut off the TV, or you shut down the computer to spend time with Him. He loves it when any of His children do that. I encourage you to try it regularly.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ruth 1-4 and Luke 8:1-25.

Popular Posts