What is God Thinking?

This morning, God showed me two verses. One came from my unhurried time, and one came from Henry Blackaby's Bible Study. God put them together, because that is just what I needed to hear for today. Does that ever happen to you? I know it does, if you are spending time with the Lord in His Word. He will always use His Word to speak to our hearts.

The first verse was Ephesians 3:20, which told me that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what I ask or think according to His power. I know that verse. I have memorized it. It is a very meaningful verse to me, and it has been for a long time. However, today it was even more meaningful, because the second verse was Jeremiah 29:11. God reminded me that His thoughts for me are for peace, not for evil, and for a future and a hope. I knew that verse well, too, but when I saw them together, it really spoke to me. I realized suddenly that God has a fantastic plan for me in His mind, and His power is available to accomplish more than I would ask or think. Therefore, God is thinking about a plan for me that is greater than I can ask or think.

I do not know about you, but I tend to limit myself by only thinking about what I can do. Sure, I believe God, and I trust Him to do what I can't do. What I mean is that I don't stop to ask God what He is thinking about for me. That is what the next verse says. God tells us that once we know He has thoughts for us, we must cry out to Him and ask Him for direction, and He will listen to us. We will find Him, when we seek with all of our hearts. Now, I know how to pray better. I can ask God to show me His plan for peace in my life, and for a future, and for a hope. Then, when He shows me, I can know that by His power He can do more than I would ask or even think. That is what God wants to do for all of His children, so if you are His child, I hope you will benefit from seeing these two verses, too. If you are not His child, I hope you will come to Jesus, today.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 23-24 and Matthew 7.

Popular Posts