Spiritual Abundance

This morning my heart was touched by a verse from Isaiah 55. It happens a lot when I read the Bible. A verse or a phrase will leap off of the page and grab me. Sometimes, I understand it, and it resonates with me. Other times, it is something that I have not fully grasped, but it is interesting to me. This morning it was Isaiah 55:2d,"and let your soul delight itself in abundance." Now, I am not sure that know all that means, but I know it is in the context of spiritual abundance and not earthly abundance. It is set in the analogy of eating a huge meal at God's expense. It is speaking about enjoying all that we receive from the Lord and that He is going to supply it all in abundance. I need to hear that myself.

I sometimes think in terms of mediocrity instead of abundance. I think about being average and having an average amount. I even justify that feeling by telling myself that I am being humble. I definitely don't ever want to be proud, but I don't want to miss what God has provided for me either. God is telling me that I need to allow my soul to delight in spiritual abundance. I need to attain all the spiritual blessings that God has set aside for me. I need to realize that He wants me to live the abundant life, and there is nothing wrong with me delighting in that. It is like enjoying a great meal. It is very satisfying.

The lie of Satan is that we will never be able to do God's will. The devil tells us we will never amount to much. He drives home our weaknesses and our shortcomings. We must not listen to him. We must realize that God has provided abundantly for us spiritually, and we must allow our souls to delight in that provision, even though we are not worthy of it. It all comes by God's grace. That is why Isaiah tells us it is free. What if Ryan's or Golden Coral were free today, would we go an pig out? I think I would be very tempted to go an enjoy it. Do we realize that God's feast is free every day, and He is calling us to come and enjoy all of His spiritual blessings? We need to listen to our Loving Father, instead of our adversary.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 27-28 and Matthew 8:18-34.

Popular Posts