June 23 - Psalms 131-135

These psalms are so relevant to my life today. I hope you have found the same thing to be true in your life. I praise God for speaking to me each morning with things that will help me that day and forever. He is so good!

In Psalm 131 the psalmist says that he is like a weaned child with his mother. He is not proud and arrogant like many adults, but he is like a child. He is weaned so he is somewhat independent, and he is growing like a young child. However, his mother is right there with him for his every need. God is so good to take care of me, if I will stay close to Him, and listen to Him. I can grow and grow in Him, but I want to always be like a child before Him, because I don't want to be independent from Him.

The last couple of days I have been spending a lot of time in worship with other believers. These psalms have several admonitions about worshiping God. Psalm 132:9 tells the saints to shout for joy. Psalm 134:2 says that we should lift up our hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. Psalm 135 continues by saying repeatedly to praise the Lord and bless the Lord. What do you think God wants us to do? I believe this paints a picture of uninhibited worship of the Lord in joy. If we would worship that way, it would make a difference in our lives and in the lives of others. So why don't we do it?

Psalm 133 emphasizes unity among believers. This is so important. We are in the same family, and we should have the same purpose and heart for the Lord. I urge you to strive for a holy unity with all believers and to show the unbelievers the unity of the Spirit in the bond of love.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 136-138.

Popular Posts