June 20 - Psalm 119:89-176

This part of the psalm has several verses which tell us why we should love God's Word and follow God's Word. I would like to highlight just a few for us to meditate upon today.

God's Word is settled. It does not change. It is a part of the faithfulness of God. We know He never changes, and His Word never changes. (v89,90) His Word gives me more understanding than my teachers. (v99) Through His Word I learn to hate every false way. (v104) His Word is a light for me in a dark world, so I will know where to walk. (v105) His Word can give me understanding even if I am not real smart. (v 130) When trouble comes, God's Word is my delight. (v143) God's Word revives when, when I am down. (v154) God's Word gives me great peace and causes me to stand strong. (v165) God's Word leads me to praise God. (v171)

As you meditate on each of these truths and about how God delivers you from trouble, realize that God's Word is an extention of Himself. God's Word is His letter to us, so we can know Him. He will use His Word to lead us closer to Him, and to receive His blessings. That is why His Word must be central in our lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 120-125.

Popular Posts