God's Way of Blessing

 I will tell people I meet, "God bless you." I am never sure what they think when I say that, but I mean it. I want God to shower His blessings on their life. It is my way of pronouncing a simple blessing on them in a very informal way. I always hope they will think about the Lord, and He will show Himself to them in some way.

God commanded Aaron to pronounce a specific blessing on the sons of Israel. (Numbers 6:24-26) Aaron was to say, "The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord cause His face to shine on you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His face to you, and give you peace." I believe this shows God's way of blessings people.

When God blesses us, He watches over us. He keeps us. It is not that we will not have troubles, but He is there with us to see us through, if He doesn't clear our way. Also, when God blesses us, we see His face shine on us, because He is gracious to us. He gives us more than we deserve.

Finally, when God blesses us, He lifts up His face to us so we see the fulness of His face. We see His eyes of compassion, and we know how much He loves us. At that moment we have His peace wash over us, because we know everything is going to be just fine, no matter what happens in our life. I pray God will bless all of you in this way, as you trust Him.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 8-10.

 

Popular Posts