Being Unaware of Sins

 Sometimes, I can be totally unaware of something that I should see or know. I call it having "blind spots." Those things don't enter my mind to get on my radar, so I don't do what I should have done. That is why I need others to help me see these things. When it comes to sins, we can be unaware of them, too. That doesn't get us off the hook, though.

The Bible makes this point very clear. (Leviticus 5:17) If a person sins and does any of the things which the Lord has commanded not to be done, though he was unaware, he is still guilty and shall bear his punishment. This sounds kind of unfair on the surface, but it is the only right way for God to handle our sins.   

We can be unaware of sins because we do not know the Bible or go to church. Then, we can commit sins, being unaware of what God has said. However, if God was to let us off for ignorance, He would be promoting ignorance of His Word. People would stop reading it and learning it, so they could plead ignorance. God would never downplay knowing His Word.

Also, we can be unaware that we commit certain sins, because we justify our actions based on our own reasoning, even though the Bible is clear about it being a sin. We can delude ourselves to think that God makes exceptions. That is never the case. God's Word is always good for us, and if He let us break His Word, He would be letting us hurt ourselves.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 6-8. 


Popular Posts