A Long Awaited Reunion

We used to have a family reunion with my Mom's family in the summer when we went to Colorado to see her family there. Then, we had a reunion with my Dad's family at Thanksgiving time in Tennessee, since my grandmother's birthday, fell near Thanksgiving. Both were joyous occasions for me, as I got to see the families and play with my cousins. However, I can't imagine the joy I would feel if I was reunited with my immediate family after 13 years of being apart.

That is what happened to Joseph. He met his half brothers first, but Benjamin was not with them. Later, they brought their youngest brother, so they could buy food from Joseph in Egypt during the famine. (Genesis 43:29) As Joseph raised his eyes and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother's son, he said, "Is this your youngest brother, of whom you spoke to me?" Then, he said, "May God be gracious to you, my son." This  all happened before any of them recognized Joseph as their brother.

It is so very special to have brothers and sisters. We form a special bond with them. Even if there is some competition between us, we would never allow another person to hurt them in any way. That is how I felt about my little sister, Jan. She was fragile because of her heart condition, and I was protective of her. I miss seeing her, since she went to be with the Lord 41 years ago.

One day, we will have a glorious reunion in heaven. She was a Christian, and my parents were Christians, too. Whenever my time comes to go and be with the Lord Jesus, I am sure that I will get to see them again. It will be a long awaited reunion, and I believe I will shed tears of joy, like Joseph did when he saw his brother. It will be so good to express my love for them and spend time with them in heaven. What a gift from the Lord to us who are believers.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 44-46.

Popular Posts