Unworthy

 The longer I live the more I realize how unworthy I am of all of the blessings God has lavished on me. I left Georgia when I was 18 to go to Baylor University to prepare for the ministry. I had a stereo in the back seat of a 1963 Studebaker Lark and my clothes in the trunk. God took care of me as Chris and I married. Now, we have 3 grown children and 7 grandchildren. How God has blessed me!

Jacob felt the same way when he returned home at God's direction. (Genesis 32:10) He said that he was unworthy of all of the favor and all of the faithfulness, which God had shown to him as His servant. For with only his staff he had crossed the Jordan River in the beginning, but now he had become two companies. I hope we can all relate to this.

There is no place for pride in the life of any believer. We are all totally dependent on the Lord for all that we are and all that we have. Yes, we are called to work. Work is good for us, not a burden. However, God gives us the energy and the talents to do the work, so He should get all of the credit for anything accomplished.

As we look back, we see how He gave us favor with Him and with other people who have been blessings to us. He has prepared the way by working all things together for good since we loved Him and were the His children. He has been so faithful, even though we have failed Him. His faithfulness is abundant and His mercies are new every morning. We are all unworthy, but God is so good! Give Him all the praise and thanks.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 33-35.

Popular Posts