Her Husband Lacks Nothing Good

A good wife is a wonderful gift from God. I know how much I have been blessed since God brought Chris and I together as husband and wife almost 48 years ago. She has done so much for me and for our family over the years. I know that my life would have been very different without Chris. That is why I thank God for her every day. I realize what the Bible tells us in Proverbs 31. (Proverbs 31:10,11) Who can find a wife of noble character? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts her, and he will not lack anything good. Let that sink in for a moment. I know that is true because I have not lacked anything good because of my wonderful wife.

When God created Eve and brought her to Adam, He told Adam that He was making a help meet to complete him. Adam was blessed by Eve, as every husband who has found the right wife has been in history. It is God's design for us and our culture. A husband is incomplete without what his wife contributes to him as a person. The same can be said for the wife. Then, when they are joined by God in the closest possible human relationship, each of them has everything they need to thrive. The husband does not lack for anything good, nor does his wife. God was so good to ordain marriage for this reason. Our world is blessed when we have marriages and families that are functioning as God intended, and we are completed by our spouse, so we can raise our children well. I pray that our society would realize this truth and turn back to God's way in marriage. It would make things so much better.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 1-3.  

Popular Posts