Keeping Our Word

God intends for us, as believers to speak truth and to keep our word when we vow to do something. This is part of being like the Lord Jesus. He is the Truth, and He always does whatever He says He will do. Every time I read this part of Numbers I am convicted about all of the times I have not spoken the truth or I have failed to keep my vows to God. (Numbers 30:1,2) It grieves me, but I know I must be more committed and more careful about what I say and how I say it. I think we can all relate to the importance of this truth.

If people can't trust what we say, we will not be a good witness to them. If they can't trust us to tell the truth, we will not be able to have close relationships with other people. This is a huge detriment to living like Jesus and having real fellowship as God designed for us. All of this is magnified when we do not tell the truth to God, or we do not keep our vows to Him. There is nothing we do that He does not know our heart and exactly what we are thinking and doing. Therefore, falsehood and insincerity or lack of commitment are huge red flags to God. Again, we can't have a close relationship with the Lord, if we fail to mean what we say and say what we mean with Him. I pray we will all resolve to repent of any sins the Holy Spirit brings to our minds in these areas and commit to keeping our word consistently with God and with others. Our lives will be much better if we do this.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 32-35.

Popular Posts