Turning Away Anger

I do not like anger. I am trying to put it away like the Bible says. The problem is that even if I was able to put away anger from my attitude, I would still have to interact with angry people. That includes people who are angry with me, and those who are just angry, period. That is why we all need to know how to turn away anger. I believe it is one of the most important things we can do to have good relationships with everyone we have in our life. The Lord gave us a key principle in the proverbs of Solomon. (Proverbs 15:1) I am sure most of us have heard this verse, but do we really practice it?

Giving a gentle answer to an angry person turns away anger. How does that work? Let me just put it this way. It takes two to argue. Therefore, if we refuse to retaliate in anger, and instead, we give a gentle answer, the other person's anger soon dissipates. However, if we respond in a harsh way, whether it is in our words, our tone, or our body language, we will stir up more anger from the other person. How do we always answer angry people with gentle words and in a calm tone? We must make sure we are filled to the brim with love. As I have said many times, "When we are shaken, we spill what we are full of." If we put away anger, and we ask the Spirit to fill us with the love of God, then, when we are shaken by difficult people, we can spill out the Lord's love, instead of any other kind of reaction. Some people do not think this is possible, but it is. It is not only possible, but it is God's will. (Ephesians 4:31-32)
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 16-18.

Popular Posts