Keeping Out of Trouble

I know I have gotten into trouble in a lot of different ways in my life. Yes, I have even been creative in that area. However, as I look back, I can say without a doubt that the majority of my troubles were brought about by something I said or by the way I said something. Have you noticed that? God revealed a great truth to Solomon about this. (Proverbs 21:23) We need to stop and think about this, so we will know how to keep out of trouble.

One of the keys to keeping out of trouble is to guard our mouth and our tongue. That is easier said than done. I know some things seem to slip out of my mouth before I think about what I am saying. The reality is that we can guard our mouth and tongue, though. We can't do it all by ourselves, but when we allow the Holy Spirit to fill us, and we use the spiritual weapons against Satan, we can take every thought captive. (II Corinthians 10:4,5) Then, we can ask the Lord to show us what to say before we say it. When we ask for that wisdom in faith, we always receive it. (James 1:5) Also, we can't tame the tongue, but we can let God do it for us by the power of His Spirit. (James 3:6-12) When God tames it, we become mature Christians, who are able to control the whole body. Therefore, it starts with guarding the mouth and tongue by God's power. Then, we can keep out of trouble and stay in God's will.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 22-25.

Popular Posts