A New Song

I enjoy singing the old songs of the faith and the new songs, too. They are both dear to my heart. However, I have noticed that when I hear a meaningful new song, it sticks in my mind, and I can't help but sing it in praise to the Lord. That sounds like what happened to David, when the Lord gave him a new song in his mouth. The results were powerful then, and they are still powerful today. (Psalm 40:3) What about you? What song of praise do you have in your mouth?

When God gave David this new song in his mouth, it was a song of praise to our God. I believe that is the best kind of song, because God deserves all of the praise we can ever give Him. Also, when we praise the Lord by singing a song, others hear it, and it brings them to trust the Lord. Isn't that what we all want to see happen? It should be. Therefore, we should always be willing to send forth our praise for the Lord Jesus to point people to the awesome All-powerful God, who is also Love. He loved us enough to die for us. What a glorious Savior and Lord!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 42-45.

Popular Posts