Our Food as Believers

We need spiritual food to become strong and energized as Christians. The Bible is our food, and we are to feed on it daily for the nourishment it gives. However, there is at least one more source of spiritual food that many believers overlook. When Jesus was meeting with the woman at the well in Sychar, He shocked His disciples when they returned from the city bringing Him some food. He told them that He had food they were not aware of. Then, He explained that His food was "to do the will of Him who sent Me and accomplish His work." (John 4:34) I have found this to be true in my life, and I believe it is true for all Christians.

Have you noticed that when we take our time and energy to obey the will of God and to do His work that it does not tire us out, but it brings us energy from within? I have made many visits to people in need or to tell people about Jesus, and as I left I knew I was stronger and more energized than when I started out. Doing God's will and accomplishing His work is our food. How much are you eating of this food? I am not talking about "religious" activity. I am talking about listening to God as you read the Bible and pray, so that you follow the prompting of the Spirit to do just what the Lord wants you to do. Then, when we do that and see God accomplish His work through us, we get a spiritual boost. How thrilling it is to be able to share the gospel and be with a another person when they put their trust in Christ! How wonderful to be used by God to serve a neighbor or bring comfort to someone who is grieving. I pray that we all will partake of this food along with reading God's Word prayerfully every day, so we can become stronger and stronger in Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 5-7.

Popular Posts