Now to Him Who is Able

I grew up in Decatur, Georgia, and my family attended Peachcrest Baptist Church. Rev. Arwood was our pastor. Many Sundays he would pronounce a benediction at the end of the service following the invitation hymn. There was one of them that was my favorite, and it came from the last verses of the book of Jude. (Jude 24,25) He would say something like this:
                "Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, able to present you blameless before                     His presence with much joy, to the only wise God our Savior be glory, majesty, dominion,                   and power, both now and forever. Amen"

That was a pretty powerful passage to capture the attention of a young boy like me. However, if we consider the message, it is understandable. It taught me that God is able. He is able to keep me saved, and keep me from falling or stumbling. Therefore, I must trust Him completely. He is able to present me blameless or faultless before God with exceeding joy, because of His sacrificial death and triumphant resurrection. He paid for all of my sins with His blood, and He applied that blood to me to cleanse my sins, when I trusted Him as my Lord and Savior. He alone is wise, not me or any other human, unless He gives us His wisdom. He deserves all glory, majesty, dominion, and power, now and forever. What a Great God we serve! He is so able!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 2-3.

Popular Posts