Where to Find a Virtuous Wife

The Bible tells us that a virtuous wife is worth far more than rubies.(Proverbs 31:10) How can we find one, or a virtuous husband for that matter? Let the Lord show you the virtuous spouse He has for you. You can look and look, but if you are not in God's will yourself, and you are not depending on God to show you, I believe you will miss His will for your marriage. Let me explain and share my story.

It is a long shot for you to find a virtuous spouse in a bar, unless God sent you to the bar to do His will. It is much more likely to find a  virtuous wife in a place like church. However, the right place to find a godly spouse is when you are in the center of God's will for your life. If you can't find God's will for you, how can you find someone else doing God's will and recognize it? Therefore, start by being prayed up and following God's will each day. Then, be very open to what God is doing around you, so that the Spirit guides you and not your emotions. Emotions can fool you badly. A lady or man, who "believes in God" is not necessarily even a Christian, much less a virtuous person. You can "fall in love" with the wrong person very easily. You have to make sure it is God's choice not your own. He knows the best person for you. That is why He is the One to find her or him for you.

In 1972 at the age of 17 I became very frustrated with dating. I prayed very sincerely by my bed for God to show me who He had for me, instead of me trying to figure it out. I asked Him to show me without me even having to ask her. I did not think about how unlikely that was. I just prayed sincerely, trusting God to show me. Two weeks later, He took me to her house by very unusual circumstances. Her best friend asked her to go out with me, and her parents agreed, which was a miracle. We had our first date, and in less than one month, we will have been married 40 years. I am not exaggerating when I say that it has been a big slice of heaven on earth for me to have Chris, and it gets better each day. She is priceless.

That is God's will for all of us, as believers, not just preachers. If you need a virtuous wife or husband, please, seek Him and His choice for you. That is the sure way to be successful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 1-3.

Popular Posts