Blessed by God's Instruction

It is Sunday, and I am going to worship the Lord with my church family. Part of what I will do today is receive instruction from the Lord, because our Associate Pastor, Casey Matthews, is preaching this morning. I don't get to hear from others very often, so it is always a blessing to sit under Casey or another man of God bringing the Word of the Lord. The Psalmist knew that all of us are blessed when we are instructed by God.(Psalm 94:12) I have a feeling he was in God's House as often as he could be to receive that blessing, too.

The word "blessed" is hard to translate into English. It means "happy," but it means much more than that. It means "well off in God's eyes." Think about that. Does God look at your life and say, "He is really doing well, or she is really getting the most out of life?" That is the gold standard for life. You may be doing OK, or you may feel like your life is satisfying, but what does God say? Is your life up to His standard? If it is, you will be happy beyond anything you could imagine. That is why we are blessed when we are instructed by God from His law. Any believer should want to take every opportunity to receive that instruction and apply it in life.

I pray that each of us will have a wonderful day of being blessed by the instruction of the Lord from His law.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 95-97.

Popular Posts