The Wages of Sin is Death

Once I took one of our pets to be put to sleep at the Vet's office. It is always sad to do that, but this time was even worse, because we stayed in the room while the lethal dose of medicine was administered, and we watched our dog slump to the floor. I can't imagine what it would have been like to put my hand on a sacrifice animal's head and hold it there, as the animal was killed, so that I actually felt the life go out of him.(Leviticus 4:33) I do know one thing, though. It would make a huge impression on me about the seriousness of my sin and the fact that for my sin to be forgiven that innocent animal had to die. It pointed out to everyone that the wages of sin was death.

Just think of how the sacrifices in the Old Testament pointed to Jesus. He was to become the Sinless Lamb, who died in our place, so that His blood could be the payment for our sins, once for all. The Old Testament pointed toward the Cross, and the New Testament points back to the Cross. Jesus' death was the only way that the wages of sin could be paid for all mankind forever. He died for us. Can you feel the love? Can you sense the power of His death and the shedding of His precious blood? I hope you have trusted Him who loved you enough to die for your sins by making Him Lord of your life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 6-8.

Popular Posts