The Lord Has Dealt Bountifully With Me!

David's prayers in the Psalms are so real. He doesn't hide his frustrations or his faith. In fact, when you think he is about to throw in the towel, you find out that he is far from doing that. He is simply making his case for mercy and grace very strongly to the Lord. However, the reality of David's life was that he had a constant song in his heart, because God had dealt bountifully with him.(Psalm 13:6)

After all, God had preserved his life from the attacks of King Saul. David became king of God's people and led them for 40 years. He had everything he could ever want. However, he had trouble, too. His sin caused serious consequences in his family, and he had to endure the death of his innocent child. Through all of those things the blessings outweighed the problems, because God is faithful.

I can give the same testimony about the Lord. He has dealt bountifully with me. I have a wonderful wife and family. He has consistently met our needs over the years. I have had so many spiritual blessings I could never count them all. At the same time I have had cancer. I have had people treat me and my family badly in the past. There have been numerous challenges. However, God's grace and mercy overcome everything when we trust Him as David did.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 15-17.

Popular Posts