Persistent Unfaithfulness

I have noticed that I do not get very many comments on my daily verses when the verse is one that shows God's anger at sin. In fact, I usually have a dilemma when I am reading through one of the books of the Prophets. I do not want to turn people off, so I am tempted to change and to put a positive verse, instead. I don't think that is healthy. We need to have a good grasp on reality. The reality of our situation in America today is that we have many similarities with the nations of Israel and Judah to whom the Prophets were writing. We are guilty of persistent unfaithfulness in many instances.

My verse this morning was Ezekiel 14:13. God promises to stretch out His hand against any land where there is persistent unfaithfulness. One of the things He will do is to send a famine. Now, some might say that we do not have a famine in America. That is true, but we could be on the road to one. Because of our economic woes, there could come a time when there is plenty of food on the selves, but no money with which to buy it. In Deuteronomy God told His people, if they rejected Him, He would send curses on them. One of those curses is to borrow from other nations, instead of lending. We are seeing that more and more.

What is the solution? We must end the persistent unfaithfulness and turn to the Lord Jesus, who is the full revelation of God. We must cease trying to live without Him and trust Him as Lord. Remember, He is either the Lord, a lunatic or a liar. He claimed to be the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He claimed to be God, so if He was who He said He is, we need to bow in submission and grateful adoration. Then, our persistent faithfulness to Him would get us out of this hole.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 15-17.

Popular Posts