The Main Thing

This year we are having both chapel times on Thursday mornings. I speak to the middle school students at 8:30 AM, and then, I walk over to the chapel speak to the elementary students at 9 AM. I think it is going to work out well, but this morning there were a few more sleepy looks than usual, since they are getting use to their earlier wake up time for school.

I started both groups by giving my testimony and sharing one of my favorite sayings to set the tone for the year. I used John 3:3 to communicate the need to be born again by trusting Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Then, I told them how the Lord had worked in my life and how I came to confess Jesus as Lord of my life at age 14.

I told them English, Math, History, Science, and all of their academics were very important, but there was one thing that was the most important thing. Knowing Jesus is the Main thing. Without Him we are nothing. So, I taught them the saying I learned from an evangelist years ago, "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." We repeated it together. I want it to be stuck in their minds. I believe the Lord used this saying to get many of them thinking about what is really important.

Also, when I spoke to the elementary students, I saw a couple of parents on the side with a teacher. I suspected they were "concerned." Later, it was confirmed. They are Pakistani Muslims, who have enrolled their children in our school. I don't know if they will stay or not, but I know they heard the truth of the gospel this morning. I pray the Lord will use it in their hearts, as well.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 35-38.

Popular Posts