Living on God's Agenda

I am pretty much a list type of person. In a way that is good. I can pray in the morning, and as I listen for the Lord to direct me, I write down the things I know He wants me to do. That is a good way to use a list to do God's will.

However, there are times when I stick to the list too much. I am so focused on the list that I miss out on things that happen around me. I am not as sensitive to things that God might want to add to my list. I have been working on that tendency and trying to be more flexible. I believe God is helping me do that more and more.

Today, I had a problem at the end of the afternoon. At first, it made me a bit stressed. I realized I was getting stressed, and I asked God to help me calm down a little. Then, because of the problem I was able to talk to two men who have not been in church for years, and they were both very open to the Lord and to coming to church. One even asked about Sunday School. Now, that is a miracle.

Those are the kinds of things that happen when we learn to live on God's agenda for our lives. It is hard for a preacher to get a good chance to speak to a non-Christian or a person who has been away from the Lord for a long time. Often, those people run away from us. However, God knows just how to work it out, so they will be ready to talk. I just have to go with his schedule, instead of my list when He wants to interrupt my list. The same is true for you, too, even if you are not a preacher. It is best to speak to people when they are ready. God's agenda is to get His children into those situations and give us the opportunity to be a witness for Jesus. That is what God wants for every believer. I pray we will all be ready to live by God's agenda every day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 29-31.

Popular Posts