Impacting the World

I am going to a missions conference next week with an old friend. It is a unique conference put on by the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. It is limited to 125 pastors, so that we will have close contact with the missionaries, other pastors, and the leaders of the conference. The premise is that any church can make an impact on the world regardless of the size of the church. I believe that very much, and I want to learn more specifics.

However, I have the firm conviction that impacting the world should be the mindset of every believer. Jesus saves us to serve Him, and He loves the whole world. He has called us to be witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth.(Acts 1:8) Therefore, we should begin where we live and be willing to go anywhere he sends us. I hope we will all think about how we are doing in making an impact on our world.

I had the privilege of taking care of my little grandson, Jacob, today. It was not just babysitting. It was bonding with him and loving him, so that He knows I love him, and one day, I can tell him how Jesus loves Him, too. If I fail to make an impact on Jacob, I will have failed to impact the world. Yesterday, I went to the Pregnancy Resource Center Board meeting. We prayed and strategized about how to save more babies and touch the lives of more ladies and men for Jesus. Last year. at least 23 babies were saved from abortion. That is making an impact. Also, I have the privilege of being on the search team for our new Associational missionary. This decision will impact thousands of lives for eternity. Before that meeting I taught elementary children about Jesus in our after-school Good News Club at the local public school. What an opportunity to impact young hearts.

I think you get the picture. I want to make an impact, because that is the heart of Jesus. I want to see Japan come to Christ, as well as the Dominican Republic. I could just focus on being the pastor of a church, which makes an impact, but God's vision includes the whole world, so I think mine should, too. I urge you to make an impact on the world. Let Jesus guide you, and He will show you what to do. He will empower you for the task and bless you for your obedience.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ruth 3-4 and I Samuel 1-2.

Popular Posts