Hearing From God

I am a firm believer in the fact that God speaks to His children. (John 10) It is not always in an audible voice. Many times it is louder than that. It can be in dreams. He often speaks to me as I read His Word. The Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and applies it to my life directly. Sometimes, He speaks to me through other believers. No matter how He does it, I have been led by God very specifically through the years.

I think that is why my memory verse for today struck me like it did. As I read in Genesis 24, the Lord showed me verse 7 in a new way this time through the Bible. Abraham assured his servant that God would send His angel before him to help him find a wife for Abraham's son, Isaac. How could he make such a certain statement about the will of God? Look at the beginning of the verse. The Lord God of heaven was the One who "took" Abraham from his father's house and the land of his family. I can only imagine how clear God must have spoken to Abraham to get him to make such a drastic move. Then, it says that the Lord "swore" to me saying, "To your descendants I give this land." What a declaration! The God of Heaven promised Abraham that the land of Canaan would belong to his descendants. After hearing from God in those two earth shattering ways, it is easy to see how Abraham could be sure that God was going to send His angel before his servant to help him find the wife for Isaac.

How is your communication with the Lord? Are you able to be confident in His leadership in your life? He is not trying to hide His will from you. He wants you to know exactly what He wants you to do. The trouble is that we do not listen, or we don't even want to hear, so why should He talk to us, if that is the case? He doesn't waste His time. However, when we desire to know His will and to do His will, He gladly reveals it to us. That is the joy of walking with God.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 28-31.

Popular Posts