A Trip to the Zoo

It was a beautiful day, which was a blessing from the Lord for our family today. We had looked for a day when everyone could get together to take the grandchildren to Zoo Atlanta, and today was the only day in the near future. We had a great time, except Dixie was under the weather, so she had to stay home.

As I walked through the exhibits, I enjoyed seeing the animals that God created. However, I would hear things and read things that indicated that these creatures had evolved to their present state. It always makes me sad to hear such things, because I realize that people are missing the truth of God. They are looking at a perfectly wonderful creation of a Wise Creator, and they ascribe that work of art to random chance. I wonder how many people would show up to a perfectly prepared 7 course meal and think that it just evolved to that point by random chance? Both are ridiculous.

The reason for the disagreement is that the things of God are spiritually discerned. They are not seen correctly just through the five senses. The Holy Spirit reveals them to those who trust the Lord and receive His Spirit. (I Corinthians 2:14) Therefore, two people can see the same facts and come to differing conclusions. One misses the spiritual element, and the other understands it. I praise God that He reveals Himself to everyone. I just wish more people would swallow their pride and put their confidence and trust in Him. Then, they could see His handiwork all around them.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 18-19 and II Timothy 3.

Popular Posts