Saving Lives

I am late getting my blog post done tonight, because we had the banquet for the Pregnancy Resource Center of Henry County this evening. I believe it was a great success, even though I do not know the extent to which the Lord touched everyone who attended. I know that the truth was presented in a powerful way by Scott Klusendorf, and each person was made aware of the excellent ministry done by the center. Those two things are major accomplishments.

However, I was impressed by the fact that both the pastors' luncheon and the banquet focused on saving lives. This theme has two distinct angles. The saving of a human life, which does not get ended by abortion, and the saving of a soul, which receives eternal life from Jesus. Both are vital! We must protect life as God creating us in His image, and we must promote life in Jesus as the only real life. Nothing is more important than life when we see it that way.

What are you doing to save lives? I believe we all have to answer that question honestly, because one day Jesus will ask us the same thing as He reviews our lives with us. Then, it will be too late to change the answer. Now, we can make sure we are involved in saving lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 20-21 and II Timothy 4.

Popular Posts