Heavenly Worship

This week I am reading the entire book of Revelation for my "On Mission Group." I love the book of Revelation any time I read it, because I can see it coming true more quickly all of the time. However, the main thing that caught my attention this morning was the passage in chapters 4 and 5 of the worship service in Heaven.

I think a lot of folks wonder what worship will be like in Heaven. All they have to do is the read this passage and the other passages in Revelation that give us glimpses into the worship in Heaven. It is easy to see that worship in Heaven is not quiet or still. It is filled with praise and motion. It is using our entire body and personality to give God all of the glory.

Chapter 4 shows the worship of the Father for Creation and for His holiness. He is worthy of our worship, because He is the Owner of the Universe, and He is in control. Chapter 5 shifts to Jesus. He is the Lion and the Lamb. He is the only one worthy to open the seals of the book. I think the book is the title deed of earth. By His death He won the victory over Satan, the god of this world, once and for all. He paid for our sins, and He is worthy of our love and devotion. What a wonderful Savior!

Think about the 24 elders being representative of all of the believers, both the Old Testament, 12 tribes of Israel, and the New Testament, the 12 apostles. They worship the Lord and cast their crowns at His feet. Why? Because any rewards we receive are only by His power. Then, the 4 living creatures are angels who represent all living things giving worship to God, the Father, and God, the Son. It is a wonderful picture of God deserving worship from everyone in the world.

I pray that everywhere in the world that God is worshiped this Lord's Day that the worship will be heavenly. I believe we should always strive to worship Him here like He is worshiped in Heaven.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 94-96 and Romans 15:14-33.

Popular Posts