Excitement in Worship

This morning I felt we had a very meaningful time of worship with our church family. Several people have mentioned to me lately that there is a new sense of excitement when we come together for worship. I think that is a very healthy aspect of worship. We should be excited about getting together with our spiritual family, and we should have an excitement about praising the Lord. I could tell that was true this morning when Jas received applause for giving the opening announcements.

What a difference it makes when God's people don't come to church for a dirge, but for a celebration. It takes hearts that are set on the Lord and ready to worship. It takes an attitude of thankfulness and praise, even as we enter the room. It takes a desire to give God all of the glory He is due. It is a joy to worship when it is joyful and free.

People like different styles of music, and they have various ways of expressing themselves before the Lord. I know that is true. However, I think one thing should be common to all true worship. It must be expressive. True worship is not being silent and still. It is using every fiber of our being to tell Jesus how much we love Him and trust Him. It is right to get worked up and excited, because Jesus is glorious and worthy. I pray we will have excitement in our worship every time we come together and that our worship will bring a smile to God's face.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 79-80 and Romans 11:1-18.

Popular Posts