Overjoyed!!!

I think I mentioned that God had given me a ministry to several men who are in jail right now. I was not looking for this type of ministry at all, but it just happened when one man connected to our church family was put into jail a few months ago. Since then I have gone to visit 3 or 4 men every week. In some ways it has been difficult, and in some ways it has been extremely rewarding. Sounds like life, huh?

Today, I had a fantastic surprise during one of my visits. I went to see Mark. I have not seen him for a couple of weeks, because I thought he had been transferred. On my last visit I had taken him a Masterlife 1 discipleship book so that he would have it when he was transferred. Then, I found out Sunday that he was a still in Henry county, so I knew I had to go check on him today. When he walked up he had a big smile on his face. He sat down, and I asked him how he was doing. He told me that he was on week 4 day 5 of the Masterlife 1 book. Then, he grinned and said that he had shred with his bunk mate, Eric, and he was saved, so now, he was going back through the book with him.

Those of you that know me well can guess what I did then. Yeah, I teared up. I was overjoyed. I had just preached this past Sunday about constantly bearing fruit spiritually and about bearing spiritual children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. (II Timothy 2:2) Now, here was a young man who had led another man to Christ, and he was discipling him, even though no one, not even me had encouraged him to do so. How fantastic is that! I believe that is the best evidence I have seen that a person really understood the implications of the discipleship course. To be a disciple is to make other disciples who make disciples, too. God is faithful!

I know you will want to join me in praying for Mark and his son in the faith, Eric.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 49-50 and Romans 1.

Popular Posts