Christian Friendship

Everyone needs friends. It is because of our desire to be loved and accepted. It lifts us up to know that someone thinks we are special. Friendship provides a diversion from the stresses of life. It is very relaxing to be able to spend time with a friend in pleasant conversation. Of course, there are those times when we need a friend to help us with our troubles. There are few sights as welcome as a smiling friend showing up to rescue us in the midst of a dilemma. Just thinking about friends brings a warm feeling to our hearts.

I believe that Christian friendship transcends regular friendship in several ways. First of all, it is a giving friendship, instead of a receiving relationship. A Christian friend is one who chooses to love you whether you love them back with the same type of care or not. A Christian is not so concerned about what he will receive from the friendship, as what he can give to the other person. Also, Christian friendship lasts forever because of the spiritual bond we have in Christ. As I have told you before, I may not see some of my Christian friends for years, but as soon as we reconnect, it is as though we were never apart.

I am so glad that God is teaching our church family the value of friendship. I know it will enrich our relationship with the Lord, because we will build up our friends in the Lord, and they will build us up, too. I think that brings a smile to Jesus' face.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 57-59 and Romans 4.

Popular Posts