Preparing for the Lord's Day

I know my perspective on Sundays is different from most people since I am a pastor, and Sunday is a "work" day for me. I still worship, but my mind is filled with ministry concerns, so I am sure my day is not the norm. However, I believe we all need to prepare for our worship experience, and we do not need to wait until we enter the worship center.

What do you do to prepare yourself for worship? What do you do on Saturday evening or night? I run into a lot of folks who can't really worship well on Sunday, because they stay up too late on Saturday night. In addition to not getting their rest, they do not spend any time considering spiritual needs as they retire. I think getting enough rest and setting our hearts on the Lord could improve the worship for most people.

Then, there is Sunday morning. Do you get up late or early on Sunday? Do you have to rush to get ready and to get the family ready? That does not make for a good worship experience. Sunday morning should be a time of preparing your heart for worship. If our hearts are not set on Jesus, we can't really worship at all, and if you wait until you walk into the service to try to focus, Satan will get you distracted most of the time. Don't let him win! Determine to have the best worship time you can have each week. Don't depend on the music or the preacher. It is a time for you to worship Jesus, and the rest is just the cherry on top.

Try preparing for worship and see how God blesses you.

Tomorrow, intend to read Exodus 12-13 and Matthew 16.

Popular Posts