A Day of Opportunities

There are two ways to look at yesterday. The first way to look at it is to say that it was a very busy day. The other way is to say that it was a day of opportunities. Now, every day is a day of opportunities, but some days are filled up with them. That was my day on Thursday.

I had the opportunity to share with the NHA students in chapel, as usual. The Lord told me to share the story of Peter walking on the water and how we can do anything in God's power if it is God's will. That message could have changed the life of some of those boys and girls. They are so impressionable.

Then, Jerry and I went to the Together for Life Rally and Walk at the state capitol. That was my opportunity to stand up for the 50 million aborted babies who have died in the USA over the past 35 years. This was my opportunity to show the media and the legislators that those lives were important to me and a lot of other folks in Georgia. It was a meaningful rally.

At the end of the walk Jerry and I visited Mychal Carter and his mother, Shamelle, at Grady Hospital. Mychal was in a serious accident, and he had pelvis repair surgery this week. We arrived as they were getting him up for therapy for the first time. We were able to pray with them and to encourage Mychal to trust the Lord in it all. I hope I made the most of that opportunity.

After picking up my truck that had been repaired, I met Dr. Grady McMurtry at the church. He is a Biblical creationist teacher who travels the world to show people how God created the universe just like the Bible says He did. He spoke at our church last night at 7 PM. At the end of the presentation, which was excellent, I had the opportunity to urge the people in attendance to confess Jesus as Lord of their lives. No one raised his hand, but perhaps, there was a seed planted that will sprout tonight, when Dr. McMurtry makes his second presentation.

Finally, I got to spend some time with Dr. McMurtry over a meal. It was a time to unwind and have fellowship with a brother in Christ. That is such an important opportunity, because people are important, and relationships matter. We planned for the other presentations, and we retired to get some rest.

After all of those opportunities, I was tired, and I missed the opportunity to write my blog last night. I did not even think about it, because of the many other things that had been going on. That just shows me how easy it is to miss an opportunity, when we are busy. It is my prayer that each of us will make the most of all of our opportunities and not miss the ones that the Lord wants us to take advantage of for His Kingdom and His glory. If we will do that, we will make an impact on this world for Him.

This morning I read Exodus 7-8 and Matthew 15:1-20.

Popular Posts