Another Friend in Heaven

Another friend went to Heaven this evening. Jean Gray went to be with the Lord. Her family had called me this morning to tell me that she was in the hospice, and she was not doing well. I went down to her room, and as Marta and I stood by her bed, she opened her eyes just a little, and we prayed for the Lord to be with her and comfort her. I am sure I really did not need to ask for that, because God loves Jean more than I do. However, when someone is suffering with heart problems and breathing trouble, our hearts go out to them, and we want God to relieve the pain. This evening the pain stopped for Jean, and she is now with the Lord. (II Corinthians 5:8)

For years I have heard older people talk about Heaven becoming more and more appealing as the years go by, because we have more and more friends and family there, whom we long to see. I can sure understand that better now. That does not cause us not to miss our loved ones, but it does give us comfort as we know we will see them again.

Jean was my friend. However, I was so glad to hear what her youngest son, Tommy, told me this evening at the hospice. He said it was hard to see his mother go, since she was his "best friend." What a wonderful fact, and a great tribute to a great mother. We raise our children as best we can, and then, we have a challenge to relate to them as adults. I would say that Jean had accomplished that, wouldn't you? Please, join me in praying for her family. They will need an extra supply of God's grace for their grief.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 45-46 and I Thessalonians 3.

Popular Posts