Accountable to God

Each of us is accountable to God for everything we do in life. This morning I was reading in II Corinthians 5:10 about standing before the Judgment Seat of Christ to give account for the things done in the body. It was a serious reminder to me about how God will ask me to give Him my reasons for why I did what I did in my life. It is sobering but very important to realize this truth. I am responsible for my life, and since I am a pastor, I am responsible for our church family. It is vital that I follow the Lord and that I lead our church to follow the Lord as His under shepherd. One day I will be held responsible for how I shepherded His flock. I want to be able to face Him with joy, not that I did everything right. No one does everything right. However, I want to be blameless, in that when I did wrong, I confessed it and made it right. That way the Judgment time will not be so terrible. It will be a sincere look back at how I trusted Him as best I could for my life and all of my ministry. That is my aim. I hope that is your aim as a believer, because we all have a ministry from the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 129-131 and I Corinthians 11:1-16.

Popular Posts