A Memorial Service

This morning it was my privilege to help Craig Keller with a memorial service for his cousin. Craig asked me to give an altar call at the end. I was more than happy to do that. Any time I can share the gospel and call people to decide on their eternal salvation is a great opportunity.

I wonder how many people have gone to funerals or memorial services, and as they look right at death, they have rejected Jesus? What a tragedy! I know the Word of God always has its effect on the hearts of all who hear it. It never returns void. However, the decision is up to each individual. Jesus does not force Himself on anyone.

Also, each time I go to such a service it causes me to wonder what will be said at my service, if Jesus tarries. I don't live life for what people will say about me. Please, don't misunderstand what I am saying. I wonder what things they will remember, and what things they think will be worth sharing. After all, each of us will stand before the Lord one day and give an account of our life. That is a sobering thought. I pray that I will have lived a life worthy of Jesus and being called one of His children.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 16-18 and Luke 22:47-71.

Popular Posts